Ok, I remember when someone told me that in a few years we wouldn’t be using email… and then that never happened! Growing your email list for your business, for your blog for your fundraising strategy is a necessary tool. Half of my views of my blog are seen through my email list. I send out a newsletter once a week that goes straight to subscriber’s emails. If you’ve been wanting to start a newsletter or you want to grow your existing list here are a few steps to take. I’ll illustrate the process with a site called Campaign Monitor.
- Start an account. One starting account through Campaign Monitor costs $9.00 a month.
- Start a campaign. To create a campaign figure out a reason.
- Do you want your readers to get new content every week?
- Let your customers know about a sale.
- These are all great reasons to send a newsletter out to your costumers or readers.
- Next, you want to upload your emails to the campaign. If you don’t have emails of your readers, maybe that should be your first campaign. Directing your readers to share their emails with an incentive will work. You can:
- launch a giveaway only on your blog or newsletter
- Create a digital page with information that is helpful to your audience that they can print or share. Bloggers call these Freebies or opt-ins.
- Create a quiz
- Shopping lists
- Cheatsheets on how-tos. Campaign Monitor has so many amazing features you can use.
- Campaign Monitor has so many amazing features you can use.
- You can add your business’ logo.
- Use tons of templates
- Add your client, reader or customer’s name in the email title.
- I use WordPress for my blog and Campaign Monitor’s easy-to-use website reminds me of the movable site I use for my blog.
One reason I love Campaign Monitor is that they don’t make newsletters too complicated. I need only a few elements to my newsletters and having something simple is crucial. I am saving time and money by not messing around with a site that covers way more than I need. Like I said above the site reminds me of the easily customizable, WordPress, site that I use every day for my fashion blog. Campaign Monitor is moldable and will help you create a beautiful newsletter to keep your audience involved in what you and your brand is up to next.
If you haven’t started a newsletter yet I would suggest doing a little research. Campaign Monitor has free resources on their website that will get you thinking about what a newsletter should look like and things to look for. Try out Campaign Monitor and grow your influence, audience, and voice with a newsletter.