I love these patches! One time when I was around the age of 9 I went to a fabric store with my mom. I remember picking out a patch that was a ballet shoe just like the one on my jacket. I was so amazed that you could just iron a patch on to your shirt. I slipped the patch in my pocket and forgot about it. I came home and was so embarrassed that I had just walked out of the store with a ballet shoe patch that I cried to my mom. I think my mom returned it, but it is one of those memories forever etched in my mind.
I still look these patches and now its all the rage. Here are just a few tips on how to create your look.
- Find a jean jacket that you like. Most patched denim jackets are large, baggy and comfy. I chose a more fitted look.
- Shop for the patches of your choosing. I loved the ones I found. Each patch is around $.99 to $1.50. If the patch has beading it can be $2.50.
- Make sure to read. If the label on the patch says “stick on” or “sew on”. It is not what you want. Make sure you only purchase iron on patches, unless you want to try your needle work. In my opinion the “stick on” patches never stay on.
- Next iron on patches. After decided where you want each patch bring out the iron!
- Try it on and wear out. You are all set!
If you are still confused here is a video to show you a three step process. Thanks guys! For more be sure to subscribe.